Saturday, October 11, 2014

Film Review: Gone Girl

Hello lovelies, I'm back with Gone Girl's review, because it is a movie I just can't still believe exists and I'm so sorry I haven't read the book. I just need to. Before you continue reading, I need to warn you that this post will have a lot of spoilers, so if you haven't seen the movie, you need to comeback when you do. I'll just tell you guys, that this is a movie you should watch if you're in the mood for mystery, thriller, suspense and hopefully not having a heart attack. I'll continue with my mini analysis now.


This movie contained a lot of things I just want to point out, because it is impossible not to talk about:

Media circus: the movie criticized the media on television and on the internet and how we are easily manipulated by it. We can easily judge the cover of a story without not actually knowing the facts of what really happened. Control and manipulation were key in the movie and Fincher treated it with such power, he literally worked with these concepts and portrayed on the media as well with Amy's version of the story. How well we were easily driven with the first part of the movie blaming Nick (Ben Affleck) for the evidence pointed at him; it was perfect, because we judged alongside with the police and the media. As soon as we discovered Amy's revenge and well made plan, we were so thrown off, because yes, it was a possibility, but her ideas were so easily executed and she actually achieved what she wanted; it was the most overwhelming of all.

Feminism or Misogyny: my best friend pointed out that the movie obviously worked with the debate, whether the movie took control over the idea of feminism, where Amy wanted justice, where she wanted to be the hero of the story. When she said, "I killed for you, who else could say this to you?", she wanted to rise as a powerful woman and not be stepped on. She refused to be the victim and be the hero of her own messed up plan. She wanted to keep her marriage alive and she literally took control of every step, she never surrendered and never wanted to be a quitter.

Criticism of present society: HOW EASILY WE CAN BE FOOLED. WOW. HOW I MEAN LIKE HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO BELIEVE IN THE TRUTH, HOW DOES TRUTH EXISTS? DOES IT EXIST? The movie left me so overwhelmed, I still can't sink it in. We could even feel Nick's feelings, we were always with him, every step of the way, figuring out Amy's plan, she was always a step ahead. I just wanted the space to release all the beautiful and psycho of this movie.

Music: The score of the film was so on point, it really captured the atmosphere of the scenes and Amy's posture, Nick's fear, the music just literally made you feel the already suspense that the plot presented. I'm still in awe.

Direction: the angles were just insanely good, they reminded me of the Girl of the Dragon Tattoo. My favorite scenes were Amy committing homicide in the lake house, also her fake rape scene, where she wanted to capture the cameras on the lake house and she went full on portraying the fake process of the plan. And obviously the whole movie to be honest, I truly wish you have the opportunity to watch the film.


Until the next post lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment