Saturday, March 1, 2014

Movie Rec: The Royal Tenenbaums + Non-Stop!


Bonjour to you all my dear readers!
Here is my movie recs of the last two weeks, I've been busy of course, I'm a college student and I wish I could spend my days watching movies and writing about them so you can enjoy them as much as I do, or even more!
 
One week ago, I finally found a link to watch The Royal Tenenbaums. It all started when I went to Best Buy to find movies, and I was thinking of buying at the moment one, because let's face it, I'm low in the budget, but I went and walked through the isles until I spotted Wes Anderson's The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore DVD's and I was, "Oh, I haven't seen these? WHY?" I saw the price, and I almost had a heart attack, because they were each $30.00 and in Blu-ray, and of course, I was so sad, in the end, I didn't buy anything. Obviously, I picked up my Surface and found a link to watch The Royal Tenenbaums; I've seen Moonrise Kingdom, so I really liked Wes Anderson's work already, (THIS MOVIE IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT, PLEASE DO.)
 
 
The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Ben Stiller, Gene Hackman, Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson and Anjelica Houston, and it's about this unique family, where its composed of the parents Ethelene and Royal with their three children, Margot, Richie and Chas, who are practically geniuses and come together after their father (Royal) announces he has a terminal illness. I practically fell in love with everything this movie presented, because Wes Anderson's movies have this sort of unique feel, at least with the ones I've seen, STILL need to watch Rushmore, but generally his movies have a really vintage, heart-warming and romantic feel that you can't just shake of, you practically feel so attached to the intrigue in the film, you root for whatever is happening in each scene. This movie in particular is heart-warming, funny, the photography (just like in all of his films) are truly amazing and mouth-opening, because it is a pretty film. My favorite character is Margot Tenenbaum, because she's this cool chick, who every girl wants to be, making her own rules, free-spirited and independent, she of course, feels a bit empty, but through the movie, she knows what she's been missing and it was right under her nose. I'm trying not to spoil anything, but I also love Richie, A LOT, (young Luke Wilson is one of my never-ending crushes), but trust me, you'll adore this family's adventures, so hope you enjoy it! Also, forgot to mention, that Bill Murray always is in his films, and if you didn't know much about him, or you really don't like him that much, trust me that you'll love his roles in Anderson's movies, because he's simply a genius actor.
 
 
This year, there will be a new Wes Anderson called The Grand Budapest Hotel starring Ralph Fiennes, Saoirse Ronan and much more, and it is filled with adventures, I'm so excited to watch it already so here's the trailer:
 


 
Yesterday, I went to the cinema and I really wanted to see The Wind Rises, but I couldn't because my nearby movie theater didn't brought it, so I was like "What now?" so I noticed that Non-Stop was and its cast, and a movie starring Liam Neeson is bound to be likeable, because come on! This man! It also starred Julianne Moore, Michelle Dockery (from Downton Abbey), Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years A Slave, not a big role, but still). It is a suspense-thriller where Bill Marks receives various death threats via text messages putting in danger the lives of 150 passengers in a plane from New York to London. The movie reminded me of the suspense the movie Argo had, my brothers, a close friend and I were at the edge of the seat with our mouths opened at every scene and every revelation the movie throwed at us, truly taking us by surprise each minute. I didn't think I would like it a lot, but I did, I think I like those movies who really put us at a tension and then at the end, it was all worth it suffering for the characters. So here I'll leave you the trailer for you to decide to go to the cinema, and have it on consideration!
 
Comment below if you enjoyed the post and recommend me more movies to watch and recommend to others! Until the next post lovelies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment