Sunday, February 2, 2014

First post + Music Recommendation: the 1975

Hello! I am so darn happy, because I finally had the courage to start a blog of my own, and just talk endlessly about my loves: movies, music, and fashion or random things that have caught my attention. Well, my name is Rachel, and I have decided that this first post will be about my current obsession with the English, indie band, the 1975. I have been listening non-stop to their self-titled album for almost three weeks. I bumped accidentally to their album while creating a playlist on 8tracks with their song called "You".

The lyrics were so good, I had to immediately search for their album and download it. Obviously, their most known song is Chocolate, but tracks like Sex, Girls, You and Settle Down are my forever favorites. The whole track list is full of songs that have this indie, but fun feeling, that just simply seduce you to keep listening to it. I have seen multiple interviews in which the lead singer, Matthew Healey, said that their inspirations were mostly 80's music and that the songs can have this power of making you feel like you were in a John Hughes movie (Breakfast Club, Home Alone). So, if you haven't been able to listen to any of their songs, I shall leave you below some of my favorites!

Here's Settle Down (Plus, the video is fantastic.)
 
 
And Girls! The video is so colorful and they show their cute side.
 
 
More about the band:
 
 
I can also link you to concerts and more! Be sure to like this post and comment! Thank you!
 
 
 
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel
    Espero que estes bien. Solo quería decirte que me encanta tu blog! Yo soy bien ajena a los "latest trends" pero con tu blog puedo mantenerme up to date. Keep doing what you do, pienso que tienes una gran habilidad para esto, so no lo dejes!
    Cuidate
    (ps. es Ana, de v. contessa)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Anaaa gracias! Esto es tan bonito, me inspiras y si, compartiré muchas cosas aquí y estoy empezando.

      Delete