Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Movie and Series Line-up: The Croods + Arrow, plus new Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer.

Last Sunday, I opened up the Netflix app on my Surface and finally decided to sit down and watch The Croods. If you are a big cinephile or film junkie/fan or whatever you may call yourself, you know that this film is nominated for the Oscars for Best Animated Film of the Year along with Frozen, Despicable Me 2, The Wind Rises and Ernest & Celestine. To be quite honest, I was so excited to see this film, because of many reasons. 1) It is nominated for an Oscar 2) It's a DreamWorks film (How To Train Your Dragon, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, etc.) 3) Many good reviews 4) Pretty good cast.
GUYS... This movie made me cry from the beginning to the end. I'm not the crier type, but this movie was so wonderful, from its scenarios, to its quotes, and the father-daughter relationship was so strong, I mean it is just so touching I couldn't handle it. The romance with Guy and Eep was so mature and so sweet even though they were Cavemen in the time where the Earth was still forming itself. There were so many scenes I could discuss and babble on about.
1) Loved the father-daughter relationship: Eep and Grugg were so alike, I totally identify myself with her and my dad, lol. I guess that is why I cried a lot.
2) Grugg vs. Guy: how he became jealous of this more developed human being and wanted to have ideas for survival aside from being afraid and living in the darkness.
3) The concepts of light and darkness: How Guy and Eep were obsessed of capturing the sun. How he brought his torch and Eep was fascinated by it. I loved how they always longed for tomorrow.
4) Family and love: these two important concepts in our lives were so nicely portrayed here, how family and love can actually strengthen your soul to keep motivating you, to survive this harsh world.
5) Comedy genius: There were so many moments were I literally cried of laughter, because the quotes guys, you can check some tweets here, where I totally quote the movie.
I totally recommend this movie for you to see whenever you need a good laugh, a good heartfelt movie, and yes, I totally think this one deserves an Oscar nomination (even the Oscar itself). You already know it's on Netflix, and if you don't have an account, you can just buy the DVD on a near film store or watch it online on another site, or order it online, right? Nothing wrong with that.
Here's the trailer:

Now, about Arrow

If you don't know what Arrow is... it is a CW series based on the DC comics superhero called Green Arrow and his story. Wow, great description, right? Lol.

 

Anyway, I totally enjoy this show, because 1) I love superheroes 2) My best friend got me into it AND 3) My best friend got me into it. HAHAHA. I totally blame him for this, but yes. If you love superheroes, then you should totally watch this show, it will tear you to pieces. I say it isn't a masterpiece, but it is really a good series, so if you're into action and explosions and shooting arrows then this is the show for you. I am updated with it and I truly thank my friend for hooking me up with it. I'm talking about it, because my closest friends were totally mad at me, because I didn't watch the  latest episode up until last night, but come on, college sucks up my life. It is on a mini hiatus right now until February 26, because of the Winter Olympics, but only one more week to suffer guys. It is currently on the half of the second season, so if you want to check it out, the complete first season is on Netflix, and some recent episodes are on CW.com.

I really want the 26th to be here already. They need to do some explaining of the last episode. So I won't spoil anything, but here is a general trailer about the series:


I'll do a more in-depth post of my feelings toward the series, because this was merely a presentation for those of you who didn't know about Arrow, so always check my blog for more awesome recommendations.

I'm also including in this post the new Guardians of the Galaxy trailer, that Jimmy Kimmel presented last night in his tonight show and since I am a Marvel movies' fan, well I did have some expectations, but watch it and you can leave comments about what do you think of it. I still am going to see it when it comes to the movie theatres, but um, I don't know, I need another trailer to make up my mind. 


Xoxo, Rachel.







No comments:

Post a Comment