Monday, March 24, 2014

Coors Light Soundfields 2014: A night I would love to repeat!

Before starting to describe this flawless night, I really want to mention how grateful I am for actually being able to assist to these events, also have patience with people, but overall, incredibly happy with how Coors Light Soundfields turned out to be, quite a phenomenal and fun night. We (my brothers and close friends, uncle and cousin) arrived almost at 8pm, it was my first time going to el "Muelle 15" and now I know where it is and how to get there. Once we stepped on the area where the fun was going to take place, DJ Nino was finishing his set and then Caleb Calloway started his. He had this funky, more soft-electronic mood music and it was good, but I was really hoping for the more dancing and jumping mood, because not that his set was boring, but we really wanted to start to get a bit crazy, lol.
When the clock struck 9:30pm, the DJ duo called Wolfpack took the stage and literally blew our minds, my brother was really expecting something different and I was with a neutral position, because they probably were going to pump us up, but their set was really fantastic and different. Their sound really showed us how powerful and daring they can be as DJ's. Later, the duo DVBBS played next and they are of course, more known because of their hits, Tsunami and Raveology, and yes, from their set, I was totally expecting it to be full of really good mixes and yes, they totally filled my expectations, and my brother was also really satisfied with their incredible talent. They were really hyper and excited while DJ-ing and said that Puerto Rico were "one of the favorite shows they've played". A really high appraisal.
 
 
 
As soon as DVBBS ended, we had to wait 15 minutes for Empire of the Sun...
 
AND from them I had already seen some of their performances online to know what they usually perform, how they perform and one thing is watching it online, but live... it is definitely a journey to the galaxies. They have this charisma and presence on stage, even my friends and brothers were a bit taken aback of how talented the main singer, Luke Steele, was! He even broke a guitar, which we suffered for lol, but since they are one of my favorite bands of all time, I was really sentimental about seeing them, I was really happy I could. They played Lux as their intro, Ice On the Dune, We are the people, DNA, Old Favours, Concert Pitch, Surround Sound, Celebrate, Standing on the Shore (FAVORITE AND I SCREAMED), Walking on a Dream and as their closing song, the most popular, Alive. I took so many videos of their songs, and most of them well the audio is not that good, but I'll check again to see if I can upload a bit of Alive, which is the one that sounds better than the rest. BUT looook at these pics I took, (I really tried hehehe, but awesome, right?)
 
 
- I love that picture -  
 
Continuing on this flawless night, at 1 AM, my favorite DJ duo composed of Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, the most talented DJ's, well for me of course, and they are #6 in the world, so yes, their mission in life is to make you feel on top of the world during their sets. I became a fan of them after watching a concert thanks to my uncle, and literally fell in love with both of them. Guys, to be there watching them play live was literally another dream come true, incredibly happy to have been there jumping and fist bumping in the air along to their new songs, which they played and then mixed some of their favorites and our favorites like in some concerts I previously watched like their Tomorrowland set, or their concerts in Belgium or Amsterdam. In the end, we loooved their performance, I wasn't going to leave until they left and literally screaming every time Like Mike spoke, lol.
 
 
 
As soon as they finished their set, it was 2:30am and yes, we had to leave, because we don't like Dubstep (Rusko) and our feet were literally swollen and we couldn't even walk, but it was so much fun, I want to relive it again!
 
 
Until the next post, lovelies!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment