Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Hobbit experience!

Hello lovelies!
The day after Christmas, we went to Best Buy to buy some movies or TV seasons for us as presents and my brothers decided to give my dad a little surprise by buying the first two The Hobbit films: An Unexpected Journey and Desolation of Smaug. We have this tradition of watching films as a family, so monthly or occasionally we have a family film favorite and currently it's The Hobbit trilogy. I've always acknowledged its hype and I've always wanted to watch them and now that I've had, I'm head over heels. The star of the movies is Martin Freeman and that man is currently one of my favorite actors ever and since Love Actually and Sherlock, I knew that  because of him, these films had to be gold because he stars in them. I was right. He's just amazing at what he loves. Obviously, the most impressive element of the films is the spectacular New Zealand scenery, which I can't ever get enough of. I was blown away. Another reason is the amazing cast and incredible talent they have. I fell in love with Richard Armitage (Thorin), Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Lee Pace (Thranduil), Luke Evans (Bard) and Evangeline Lilly (Tauriel) as well as Orlando Bloom (Legolas) who is one of my many boyfriends, lol. I'm going to get in details soon, so keep on reading. I'm warning you that there will be spoilers ahead, if you haven't seen any of the films. Yesterday I went to watch the final movie of the trilogy and I'm having some feels. I need to write them as of now.
 
 

 
Among the three films, I enjoyed Battle of The Five Armies, because it was the decisive one and things had to get sorted out. I definitely hated the idea of realizing that it was the last film, but oh well, everything has to end. One of the many things I want to discuss from Battle of The Five Armies is Thorin's scene where he is battling with his mind and trying to control his dragon sickness. He feels like he's inside a gold pit of nothingness and repeats to himself that he is not his grandfather. I loved it. I think it was so stressful and it needed to happen, because he's the hero, he's the dwarves' leader and without him, hope was disappearing. Another scene was Smaug's death. Bard believed in himself and trusted that he got the chance to kill Smaug the minute he could. I loved how real it felt that he saved his people and instantly became their protector; they followed him for their sake. I loved Bard's bravery.
Thorin's death was the end of me. That battle scene was a little weird for me though, because he had some chances to kill that disgusting Orc and taking the easy way first was his downfall. It was brilliant that when he got stabbed, he had the chance to kill the Orc, but that meant that with him dying, it was the only way for his story to end? I was not disappointed, but I think his life was like beginning and ending it like that was definitely sad. His friendship with Bilbo is like one of the greatest love stories I've ever encountered and I cried when Bilbo cried beside Thorin realizing he lost him. It reminded me of Watson when he discovered Sherlock died, I couldn't handle myself. I was like making sad faces at dad, because I really didn't want Thorin nor Kili or Fili to die.
Kili and Tauriel was another relationship that even if nothing happened between them, their chemistry was off the charts and just like Thranduil said after Tauriel crying, told him that why did it hurt so much, it was because their love was real. Boom, I'm dead. Throughout Desolation of Smaug and this film, their love grew stronger, but I would have loved if Tauriel could have been more wordy about her feelings, but we knew through Lily's acting how she felt, so I'm satisfied. I'm going to miss this trilogy so much, but now I'm going to enjoy them so much whenever I want to pop the DVD and have feels forever because these films are just pure adventure and so pretty, you won't want to miss this treasure of a trilogy. I'm going to have a Lord of The Rings binge marathon soon, because I honestly don't remember the films. I do remember the characters, but I need to freshen up my memory. Thank you dears and I'll write to you soon! Go watch the Battle of Five Armies, you won't regret it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment